TDS have been a BIM company since 2011, with our first job at Chiswick Park West London offering the client a range of BIM services.
We utilise Tekla Structures to produce data rich 3D models which form part of the wider BIM process. Tekla BIM software provides an accurate, dynamic, and data-rich 3D environment that can be shared by contractors, structural engineers, steel detailers and fabricators, as well as concrete detailers and manufacturers.
The Tekla BIM Benefits (www.tekla.com/uk)
The highly detailed as-built structural models created, combined and distributed with Tekla Structures enable the highest level of constructability and production control. Centralising building information into the model allows for more collaborative and integrated project management and delivery. This translates into increased productivity and elimination of waste, thus making construction and buildings more sustainable. Tekla Structures is an innovative software environment that facilitates open integration with, for example, architectural models while supporting the end-to-end construction process.
Tekla BIM benefits:
- Coordination and combination of building materials, especially steel & concrete
- Error-free design and accurate detailing
- Interoperability with the best solutions
- Wider usage of structural model in the construction process
- Increased productivity, elimination of waste, and enhanced value of structural modelling
- Detailed, as-built building information models enable the highest level of constructability and production control. Centralising model and non-model based data into the 3D model allows for more collaborative and integrated project management and delivery from conceptual design to construction.
Chiswick Park was TDS’ first fully integrated BIM construction project working in conjunction with PAD Contracts, Stanhope and Lend Lease. TDS designed, developed and modelled 3 external escape stairs and an internal staircase consisting of 108 flights in total. In addition we were also engaged to provide all of the room perimeter balustrades. One of the key benefits to this project was the ability to collaborate by exporting and then integrating our models into a master project model that highlighted any potential clashes or design discrepancies. All BIM work was compliant to LOD400 (American based CASE ran the BIM requirements for the project).READ MORE...
Please complete the form below and we will be in touch with you to discuss your requirements